Navigate your robotics projects with precision using Kunkune’s Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor. Designed for impeccable performance, this sensor ensures seamless obstacle detection and avoidance, making it an indispensable tool for robotics enthusiasts and professionals alike.
Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Key Features:
- Adaptable Sensing: With its environment-adaptive infrared module, it ensures accurate obstacle detection regardless of the surroundings.
- Adjustable Detection Range: Easily modify the detection distance from 2 to 30 cm using the integrated potentiometer.
- Versatile Power Options: Operates efficiently within a voltage range of 3.3V to 5V.
- Instant Feedback: The green indicator lights up upon obstacle detection, providing real-time feedback.
- Reliable Performance: Utilises the LM393 comparator for stable and consistent operation.
Detailed Specifications of Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor:
- Continuous Signal Output: In the absence of obstacles, the OUT port consistently outputs a high level (5V).
- Adjustable Sensitivity: The potentiometer allows for fine-tuning of the detection range. Turn clockwise to increase and counter-clockwise to decrease the detection distance.
- Reflectivity Sensing: The sensor’s performance is influenced by the target’s reflectivity and shape. Black surfaces have the shortest detection range, while white surfaces have the longest.
- Direct Connection: The OUT port of the sensor module can be directly linked to a microcontroller’s IO port or even drive a 5V relay.
- Power Indicator: A red indicator illuminates when the module is powered on, ensuring clarity in operation.
How to Use:
- Powering Up: Connect VCC to an external voltage ranging from 3.3V to 5V. This allows compatibility with both 5V and 3.3V microcontrollers.
- Grounding: Connect the GND to an external ground.
- Digital Output: The OUT interface on the module provides digital output signals (0 and 1).