Discover the future of distance measurement with Kunkune’s VL53L0X Time-of-Flight Laser Distance Sensor. Harnessing the power of ST’s FlightSense technology, this sensor is a game-changer for hobbyists, students, and professionals across the UK.
VL53L0X Key Features:
- Advanced FlightSense Technology: Measures the time taken for infrared laser light pulses to reflect off an object, functioning as a compact lidar system.
- Accurate Distance Measurement: Regardless of an object’s reflectance, it determines the absolute distance up to 2 m (6.6 ft) with a 1 mm resolution.
- Adaptable Accuracy: While the sensor’s accuracy can range from ±3% to over ±10%, it’s influenced by ambient conditions, target characteristics, and sensor configuration.
- I2C Interface: Allows for ranging measurements and sensor configuration. Additionally, the sensor offers a shutdown input and an interrupt output.
- User-Friendly Breakout Board: While the VL53L0X IC is powerful, our breakout board makes it accessible and easy to use, especially for those new to the technology.
VL53L0X Pin Descriptions:
- VDD: Regulated 2.8 V output, offering nearly 150 mA for external components.
- VIN: Main power supply connection ranging from 2.6 V to 5.5 V. The SCL and SDA level shifters align the I2C lines to this level.
- GND: Ground connection for your power supply. Ensure a shared common ground with your I2C control source.
- SDA: Level-shifted I2C data line. HIGH corresponds to VIN, while LOW is 0 V.
- SCL: Level-shifted I2C clock line. HIGH is VIN, and LOW is 0 V.
- XSHUT: Active-low shutdown input. By default, the board pulls it up to VDD for sensor activation. Driving this pin low initiates hardware standby.