Elevate your audio projects with Kunkune’s MAX9814 Microphone AGC Amplifier Module, a state-of-the-art sound sensor designed for impeccable audio performance. Whether you’re working on a professional audio setup or a DIY project, this module ensures clarity, precision, and versatility.
MAX9814 Microphone AGC Amplifier Module Key Features:
- High-Performance Amplification: Features a low-noise front-end amplifier, variable gain amplifier (VGA), and output amplifier for optimal sound quality.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC): Adjusts the gain automatically with selectable max options of 40dB, 50dB, or 60dB.
- Programmable Dynamics: Offers programmable attack and release ratios for tailored audio dynamics.
- Low Distortion: Boasts a low total harmonic distortion (THD) of 0.04% (typical), ensuring clear and crisp audio.
- Extended Frequency Response: Covers a wide frequency range from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Microphone Bias: Integrated with a built-in 2V low-noise microphone bias for enhanced audio capture.
- Space-Efficient Design: Comes in a compact 14-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package, making it suitable for space-constrained projects.
- Wide Operating Temperature: Functions efficiently in an extended temperature range of 40°C to +85°C.
- Versatile Power Supply: Operates within a supply voltage range of 2.4V to 5.5V.
Specifications for MAX9814 Microphone:
- Supply Voltage: 2.7v-5.5v with 3mA current.
- Output: 2Vpp on a 1.25V bias.
- Size: 24 x 14 mm.
MAX9814 Microphone Usage Tips:
- For optimal performance, use the quietest supply available. On an Arduino, the 3.3V supply is recommended.
- The audio waveform is accessible through the OUT pin, which has a DC bias of VCC/2.
- If connecting to audio equipment requiring AC-coupled audio, use a 100uF capacitor between the output pin and the device input.
- For direct speaker connections, an audio amplifier (e.g., 3.7W stereo amp) is necessary.
- For microcontroller connections, link the OUT pin directly to the microcontroller ADC pin.
- For audio-reactive projects, consider using an FFT driver library for frequency translation.